LVM stuff

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Nov 17 21:51:55 EST 2004

Has anyone worked with LVM? FC3 by default uses LVM for partitions and
from what I have read so far, it looks to have many, many cool
advantages like striping partitions across different drives for volumes,
etc. My question is this, has anyone performed a dump/restore or
whatever would be the equivalent of this on an LVM partition? I have a
pretty decent howto on it that I found on the web where it seems to be
to just add the partition (dump) to the volume group and then remove the
original (restore). I am looking for methods to this because the way I
am reading this is, if you have say a /dev/hda1 in your original volume
group and then add /dev/hdb1, would you then have to remove anything,
since on the subsequent boot, your /dev/hdb1 would then become
/dev/hda1. I could see then having to remove /dev/hdb1, since it
wouldn't be there anymore, Anyway......any thoughts? Thanks