FC2 & multimedia

Advent Systems adventsystems at verizon.net
Sat Nov 6 22:58:38 EST 2004

Hello All,
    This my be a really stupid question but does anyone know if you can
play multimedia files in FC2, mp3 files for starters?  If you read my
purchase a boxed set so I have no manuals, the xmms site (my favorite
player) only supports FC1 and other sites seem to imply FC2 is not
multimedia friendly.  Since I work in the AV industry I need something
at least as usable as suse or mandrake.  I dont need it to do actual
production work as I use industry specific windows based programs for
this at work.  Any advice on a multimedia friendly based distro would help.

Thanks,
Bob Randal

PS: I all reddy tried coral Linux, RH7, mandrake 8 & 9, and suse  8.
They worked fine  as far as the  multimedia aspect but  as you see from
my previous posts  in the past week FC2 is the only distro that  will
not lockup my computer.   I'm sure I  could  put suse back on  right now
and it may run fine for a few days but thats nuts.  If  I cant find
something it's back to  windows for a while  :(

BR