Disk Partition Percentage

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sat Nov 6 10:08:36 EST 2004

sorry, forgot the rest of the question. I would keep /boot to a 100MB
and / for the entire drive except for leaving 500MB for a swap partition
and put at the end of the drive, here is my fdisk -l.

Disk /dev/sda: 36.7 GB, 36703934464 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 4462 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/sda1   *           1          13      104391   83  Linux
/dev/sda2              14        4396    35206447+  83  Linux
/dev/sda3            4397        4461      522112+  82  Linux swap
[root at Office peter]#

Any thoughts on the swap partition guys? I keep the swap always at
500MB. The rule to double the RAM gets crazy when you have 512MB of RAM
and end up with a 1GB swap, this seems like such a waste. Am I wrong in
thinking that? Thoughts?......