FC2 & multimedia

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Sun Nov 7 02:03:52 EST 2004

Geez, come on people don't talk about Fedora if you don't use it. There
absolutely nothing we can't do in Fedora Core X. All you have to do is
use apt-get.

$ apt-get install xmms-mp3

Viola! As long as you have a decent repository list you should grab it
fine. I don't know what the problem with Samba is, but we do just fine,
perhaps Dad would be the one to ask about that if you have a question. I
don't know where else or what other kinds of multi-media problems you
may be having, but feel free to e-mail me with any questions about
Fedora, I think I have pretty much everything tweaked. The only other
thing you may find is that K3B doesn't support mp3's either right out of
the box, but that's simple too:

$ apt-get install k3b-mp3

See a pattern? Whatever reason's- and there are many -that the Fedora
gurus don't support mp3's I don't see it a big hassle if you know what
to do. As long as the distro stays free, which I think the whole point
of that is, we're happy. Core 2, like anything you know inside and out,
work's great once you learn it. Remember when Linux was hard? Hope that
helps, -Jesse