Newbie Questions

Christopher Crowell crowell33 at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 20:36:37 EDT 2004

Hey everyone,

I joined about 6 months ago but havent really chimed in about anything yet, mostly because I hadn't really had the time to do much with my Linux box. But, now that I have had the time, I have some questions I'm hoping everyone will be willing to help me with.

 I installed Redt Hat 9 on my Compaq Presario 700 laptop the other day. For some reason, it won't let me change the resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. Is that a driver issue? Also, when I installed RH 9 it read and recognized and every piece of hardware on my laptop with the exception of the modem. Could that also be a driver issue? I believe the modem that came with it is a Conexant.

I know these are simple questions, but I really, REALLY want to learn Linux. Thanks in advance for any help.

Christopher Crowell
crowell33 at earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.