Backing Up to CDs

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Fri May 21 19:10:25 EDT 2004

A while ago, some one in the list was asking about backing up
files/directories to CD, and how to span large files across multiple CDs.
I found this program called HJ Split. Here is a quote from the description:

"HJSplit can also assist you in creating backups of very large
(multi-gigabyte) files. Just split a 10 Gb file into smaller 640 Mb
parts, and burn them to CD's using standard CD-writing software."

There's also a command line version.
Here's a link to the pertinent part of the page:
http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#linux

I have not tried this program, but what the heck, it's freeware.
Hope This Helps

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 on Win 98 SE