URL domain completion

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon May 10 17:25:34 EDT 2004

I primarily use KDE Konqueror to view webpages from my news ticker. But
every once in a while, instead of loading a mozilla session, I'll just
re-use a Konqueror window to view a local web server at my work place.

But for some blasted reason, when I insert the hostname (minus the
domain), it will not autocomplete correctly.

Here's an example:

URL - http://main
		- goes to www.main.com
		- should go to main.amherst.com

if I ping main from an xterm, it does resolve correctly, since I have my
domain listed in the /etc/resolv.conf file:

PING - main
		- goes to main.amherst.com

So why can't Konqueror resolve the addess correct, but ping can?

-Rob