SAMBA XP STUFF

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 21:50:51 EDT 2004

Since your client is win2k or HIGHER  you need to create a computer account and
joint the machine to the domain properly.   (see samba docs as I think this
changed a bit in samba 3.0, and I'm a tad rusty on the new samba)

Win9x (95,98,Me) do NOT need computer accounts to do a domain logon, but winNT
and higher (NT,2k,XP,2k03) do.

--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
> ok, the exact error message now is
> "Windows cannot find an account for your computer on the CLASSIC domain"
> I have added my user with "smbpasswd -a user", then added a password like
> I always do. Am I missing something else?

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk