Job Opportunities!

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Mon May 3 09:01:41 EDT 2004

Shatter I.T. Global Services, Western New York and Southern Ontario's
Premier Manager Service Provider, is currently looking for a full time
third-shift system administrator/operator and a full time first and
second flex-shift system administrator/operator for our Buffalo NOC.

Our focus is on vigilant preemptive responses to system and network
events,
allowing us to insure the highest levels of system and network
availability and reliability for mission critical systems. Our 24x7x365
ONSITE technical staff monitors and manages systems, infrastructure and
processes to alleviate security or system issues before they become a
problem, day or night. Our Managed Services provide service, process and
component level monitoring and management in addition to operational
services such as firewall and security management, update and patch
administration and backup management.

At Shatter I.T., we provide an exciting and challenging work
environment,
where performance and innovative thinking are encouraged and rewarded at
every level. Our professional culture values teamwork, customer service
and the exchange of ideas and thinking beyond boundaries. We provide
motivated individuals with the opportunity to establish a position in a
growing company within a rapidly evolving industry. If you are looking
for a chance to put your education and experience to work, apply today,
we're waiting to make you a part of our team!

Qualifications:

Required: extensive experience working with Linux; previous programming
or scripting experience; experience with troubleshooting hardware;
ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with
minimal support and guidance; effective communication skills and the
ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and
staff; ability to work productively in teams; good problem solver;

Preferred: good communication skills, proficiency with BSD (e.g. NetBSD,
OpenBSD), Windows XP, ; understanding of the administration of SQL
database servers such as (e.g. PostgreSQL, Mysql), and secure web
servers such as Apache with mod_ssl; knowledge of Perl and CGI
scripting; working knowledge of Bourne shell scripting; knowledge of
standard backup infrastructures;
UNIX system and program installation, compilation and configuration;
system-level security procedures, familiarity with cryptography tools
(e.g. secure shell, OpenSSL, IPSec); experience maintaining servers for
standard Internet services such as DNS, NFS, DHCP, Samba, and FTP
service;

Additional Experience:

Unix/Linux administration, Solaris, Windows 2000, Windows 2003
Administration, programming experience in Perl, PHP, C or Java.
Networking experience a plus.

Submit cover letter and resume to careers at shatterit.com

Our Mission
Our mission is to provide businesses with access to state-of-the-art
data grade facilities and 24 x 7 technology monitoring and management,
increasing their company's technology availability and reliability. This
mission will be accomplished through the implementation of best
practices, efficient and effective technology solutions, adherence to
defined processes and procedures, promotion of vigilance and pro-active
monitoring and management,
accurate and timely communications and by establishing and leveraging
the strength of our relationships with our partners and clients to offer
a cost effective solution for their IT outsourcing needs.