tuxracer sound

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 22:22:39 EDT 2004

My daughter loves playing tuxracer but it never had sound with RH9 and come to
find out it is disabled. With lots of searching I found a way, although step
5 was wrong and step 6 wouldn't work until I added --nodeps. If anyone is
interested, here is the work around for sound.
You need the source,
tuxracer-0.61-19.src.rpm
either download it or get it from the source disk 3
1. rpm -i tuxracer-0.61-19.src.rpm
2. cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
3. vi tuxracer.spec
comment out 2 lines
(Esc i)
#Patch1: tuxracer-0.61-config.patch
#%patch1 -pl -b .config
(Shift ZZ)
4. rpmbuild -ba tuxracer.spec
5. cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/
6. rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps tuxracer-0.61-19.i386.rpm
After playing it, there will be a .tuxracer directory created in the home
directory and a file called options where you can adjust everything.
I wonder if the sound is disabled in Fedora?
--
JEB
www.mesimpleton.com