PCI IDE Card

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 10:15:01 EST 2004

Even on old systems that don't have an "alternate" boot choice, by inserting a
card with a bootable bios the system should be able to boot off of it.  BIOS's
like this include SCSI and PCI IDE cards, they typically use the INT13
extension to do so...  So even on systems that do NOT have the choice to boot
from SCSI/"other", inserting a card with a bootable bios should allow the
system to boot from devices plugged into that new controller..  (I have done it
many times in the past, on systems as old as 486/33's)

--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
> That is exactly the card I had in mind and that is what I was trying to
> say all along. He would still need to change the boot sequence in his
> mobo and check scsi in the sequence or at least the option to look
> elsewhere if only say floppy/cdrom/ide0 are selected now.

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk