more mythtv stuff

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Mar 28 11:32:44 EST 2004

Ok, I have almost got mythtv working just right. It was actually almost
easy as someone put a really nice step by step convering a Fedora
install--> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/ . I can now watch tv and record
and the video matches the sound, it is a really cool app! However, I
have this one nagging problem....
1. If I watch live tv, after exiting the program, I can still here the
sound (very faintly) running in the background. Note: this does not
happen if I watch a recording, only if I watch from live tv, so I would
think it has something to do directly with the tv tuner card.
The message I get that looks remotely odd (from dmesg) is
bttv0: PLL can sleep, using XTAL (28636363)
The message I get that looks remotely odd (from /var/log/messages) is
modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-81-1

NOTE: I only have 1 tv tuner card and I believe that bttv is
char-major-81 and that is what is in my /etc/modules.conf file, so why
is it looking for a char-major-81-1? I have no reference to this in my
/etc/modules.conf file. Is this what is causing my problem?  Again, the
only problem I am experiencing is that the sound does not completely
shut off (runs in background very faintly of the last station viewed on
the tv)
Any help guys? Mark??