Fedora logoff/shutdown times and other issues

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Mar 26 10:44:43 EST 2004

We install Fedora alot over here. I would have a look in your log files
first off but with the delay for shutdown, being a new system install,
it may be busy running updatedb.
As far as asking whether to change your default logon, If you choose to
login to KDE from GDM, you should get a prompt telling you that if you
wish to make it your default session, to run the switchdesk utility  in
the menu, System->Desktop Switching Tool.
Of course, if you changed your display manager to KDM, you will probably
see something different, if at all, like your saying.