PCI IDE Card

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Mar 26 08:24:36 EST 2004

It will work, you would first install the card and hook up your drive,
boot the system with the OS cd (I think I recall you have a Mandrake 9?
box), It will give you options to reload the boot loader, etc. Do that
and when it reboots, go into your BIOS and change the boot loader so
that the option of SCSI is chosen before any of the onboard controllers
(IDE0 and the like). When you tell a BIOS to boot to SCSI, it doesn't
have to be SCSI, it is really just telling it to look for a boot
record/device other than the onboard stuff.