mythtv stuff

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Mar 23 14:54:37 EST 2004

If you can hear audio when running xawtv, then your setup is incorrect
(unless you're using an MPEG2 encoding card).  You need to mute line-in,
and just set it to capture.

Plus, your sound card needs to suport full duplex, else it won't work with
mythtv.

-Rob

> Hey Mark,
>   I am starting to noodle with mythtv, got it working but must have to
> do some tweaking because I am getting tons of messages in the command
> window bitching about "Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!" . I have
> sound but the sound and video are not matched, when watching tv (havent
> checked anything else), and when I exit the program, the sound still
> runs, can't find what's running it and have to reboot to kill the sound,
> or I found that starting xawtv then quitting that, kills the sound from
> the previous mythtv tv sound running. I remember you telling me a while
> back to make sure that the audio sampling rate is set to 48000, and it
> is. Any ideas?
> other than that, mythtv is too cool!

Dege

I'm just not up2date on my al-kee-hol-*hic* lingo
Although, I do have that slurring part down ;)