PCI IDE Card

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Tue Mar 23 13:29:06 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Joshua R. Altemoos wrote:

> Is there such thing as a PCI card that will replace the ide interfaces
> on the motherboard and will wpork the same because on my pc for
> somereason the ide contorllers on the board do not work. is there such a
> thing were can i find it and how much

Yes, Promise makes some nice ones that play well with linux - but you may
not be able to boot off a third or fourth ide controller though. If your
floppy still works, a kernel on there with your root fs on a HD on the
controller card might do the trick though.

--
Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst