Gibberish in Spam Mail

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 01:03:17 EST 2004

I think I remember reading that older versions of MS Outlook will do a
buffer over run or something to that effect if over 300 characters are
put in the subject line. I realize that particular spam's jibberish was
in the body of the message but maybe they were trying a similar tactic.
It may have also been in a different language and rendered in english?
It looked like standard HTML tags, line breaks and the jibberish seemed
to be word length. I keep getting subject lines with broken words with
under_scores so they hopefully slip thru spam filters. I don't use one
yet but I see it coming in the near future.
Just my 2 cents while I wait for my downloads to complete. Synaptic sure
is a nice addition to apt-get...
jb