Just saw this on AJB (Amercia's JobBank)

frank at mogosystems.com frank at mogosystems.com
Wed Mar 10 09:39:24 EST 2004

Just got this out of my e-mail. Wish I knew enough about being a UNIX admin to
go for the job. (If it was Novell or Micro$shaft I would have been all over it
seeing as I need gainful employment at this time.)

www.jobsearch.org
Tonawanda. Unix System Administrator. $48,600 to $76,800/yr. FT.
Purpose of this position is to provide technical support and services for Unix
servers. Resolve server software, hardware and LAN communication problems,
responding to and assisting business community users and other Information
Systems and Technology departments with the isolation and resolution of these
problems.
Essential Accountabilities: Ensure availability of Unix Servers and SAN attached
facilities. Provide immediate tech support to business community users who
experience any loss of server functionality by applying diagnostic skills and
analysis to resolve the problem or swap out the affected area if necessary.
Ensure the performance, supportability and continuance of these systems and
technologies by following procedures and documentation as directed by policies
and procedures. Work with other Tech Support Consultants and Information System
Associates to implement configurations and solutions to provide standardization
throughout departments with regard to Servers and related server software.
Maintain optimal systems stability and performance by monitoring hardware,
software, and LAN performance, and effecting the necessary configuration
modifications in accordance wit acceptable standards and Company & departmental
procedures and policies. Interact closely with IS&T management. Keep abreast of
technological advances by proactively pursing education opportunities that
provide awareness and education in "State of Art" technical knowledge and skills
with regards to Unix, SAN and High Availability technologies.

State Job ID: NY0529953

Job Title: Unix System Administrator

State Agency: NEW YORK STATE DEPT OF LABOR

Location: US - NY, Tonawanda

AJB Reference Number: 10011056

Job Start/End Date: not provided

Job Type: Regular

Job Classification : Full Time

Hours/Week: not provided

Salary Range: $ 48600 - 76800 per year

Education: Bachelors Degree

Required Degree/Formal Training: not provided

Required Licenses/Certificates : not provided

Experience: 0 months

Company Homepage: not provided