Adelphia Powerlink

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 09:57:42 EST 2004

--- "Timothy J. Finucane" <speljamr at speljamr.com> wrote:
> Of the people out hereusing Adelphia, has anyone been experiencing
> problems between their router and Adelphia?
>
> I have a Linksys BEFSR41 v.2 Cable/DSL Router and it will not renew
> it's
> DHCP settings from the Cable modem. Is it possible my router is
> foobar?
> Or are there known changes to the Adelphia setup that would cause a
> problem for the router?

I've had that issue in the past.  The solution was to unplug the router
from the cable modem until the cable modem was COMPLETELY ready.  On
mine if the modem's "online" light is flashing and the router is on,
the router gets an off-net address (192.168.x.y) address instead of the
normal 24.x.y.z addresses.

Also if you switch between devices plugged into the cable modem (i.e.
unplug the router and plug the PC in directly), the cable modem MUST be
power cycled as only 1 MAC address (every netwrok card has a unique MAC
address) will be allowed to bridge traffice onto adelphia's LAN. If you
unplug your router and plug your PC directly to the modem is should NOT
work without power cycling the modem.

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk