Adelphia Powerlink

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 09:51:54 EST 2004

One problem may be that the router has imcp (ping)
turned off. this causes their dhcp servers to assume
that the address is no longer in use and returns it to
the address pool. try allowinging ping and see if the
problem continues.

--- "Timothy J. Finucane" <speljamr at speljamr.com>
wrote:
> Of the people out hereusing Adelphia, has anyone
> been experiencing
> problems between their router and Adelphia?
>
> I have a Linksys BEFSR41 v.2 Cable/DSL Router and it
> will not renew it's
> DHCP settings from the Cable modem. Is it possible
> my router is foobar?
> Or are there known changes to the Adelphia setup
> that would cause a
> problem for the router?
>
> The cable modem works fine when I connect it
> directly to my Linux
> laptop.

=====
Free Good