Linux

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 14:11:52 EST 2004

I stand corrected. A 1000ft overview. Anything on
topic? Corrections are fine, but in light of
completeness, give some advice/opinion also. Most have
heard  of apt-get, hardly anyone knows of dpkg/dselect
or synaptic ( at least that the feeling I got from the
last meeting). If you have preferences and some
insight don't be afraid to share those.

--- "Mark T. Valites" <valites at geneseo.edu> wrote:
> Sorry for corrections, but not all that info is
> completely correct.
>
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, vlok stone wrote:
>
> > 3.Debian (many variant =
> xandros,lindows,mepis,etc...)
> >  apt-get based
>
> dpkg based, apt is just a front end
> > 5.Slackware dpkg based
>
> tgz based - semi-package like - been a while since
> I've done slack.

> --
> Mark T. Valites
> Unix Systems Analyst