Hello

Mike Richardson mtr3 at buffalo.edu
Tue Mar 2 14:59:35 EST 2004

Andrew Schultz wrote:

> Enough rambling.  Basically what I am looking for is a suggestion to a
> distro that is "newbie friendly" so to speak.  I do not have a lot of
> experience in systems administration, but I am more than willing to
> learn anything the LUG has to teach me.

A good one to play with is Knoppix
(http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html). It's a live CD distro
(drop the CD in, and in a few minutes, it boots to a fully functional
Linux environment). Nice thing is you can't really break it. It's a good
  benchmark to see if your system has Linux-compatible hardware (which
unfortuantely, you might find installing to a laptop)

Best of luck!

- Mike