System with 2 NICS

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Thu Jun 3 21:19:45 EDT 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Robert Dege wrote:

> NIC #1 - is dedicated to NFS traffic
> NIC #2 - is dedicated to Amanda network backups
>
> Each NIC has their own IP, and own hostname.  This way, it's easy to point
> autofs to one host, and amanda clients tothe other host.  Both IPs are
> also in the same subnet, so I'm working within a single subnet.

What do your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* files look like?

You should be able to specify the gateways for each network/vlan/subnet
for each interface in there and straighten them all out that way.

I've got a box with 4 interfaces that all behaive properly, but the only
one with a gateway is the DHCP one. Holler if the other configs will help
though.

--
Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst