Temple of Elemental Evil (off-topic)

Greg Neumann dadneumann at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 18 15:25:00 EDT 2004

Make SURE you patch TOEE! It's damn near unplayable in the unpatched
state. It was so bad that a bunch of hackers released their own patch
before Atari got around to it. There's a sorry story to go along w/
that, but suffice it to say that Atari deserves to be ripped off for the
way development and relese was handled! Also, look for the hack to boost
the player stats to 18's, when you want. It's pretty sweet playing the
game solo, and hacked character makes it doable! The party handling was
very fun, but the experience payout system was flawed, so that at the
deeper levels you were always hopelessly outclassed ... sending lvl 5-6
party against multiple enemies that are assuming the party is lvl 9-10.
Another Atari mismanagement problem.
And yes, I am one of those w/ Windows machines around for game playing.
Damn DirectX!!