attn: Justin

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Fri Jul 16 17:32:10 EDT 2004

It's test based, like most, there is 2 parts a question based section,
and a hands on system setup and config.  You can take the test ~$700, or
there is a 5 day course I took, mostly review for me wasn't worth it in
my opinion but my employer payed for it, I would reccomend it if your
not paying for it, but if you get a review book, and an old pc you can
do most of it on your own.  that was ~$2500. Red hat just announced a
new certification RHCA looks interesting I may look into taking that. As
for employers, hmm coudln't tell you, I haven't come across a lot of
shops that run linux in a production environment, locally. About 90% of
our servers are linux, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is an
oddity in the buffalo market, if he's looking to move thats a different
story.
The plus side is once you get comfortable in a unix like OS picking up
something like Solaris for example which is big in the Universities and
several other places in the area is pretty easy to pick up.

Justin