Linux certification options

dvmail at texas.net dvmail at texas.net
Thu Jul 15 20:47:36 EDT 2004

I've taken a Red Hat Linux certification course. I was very impressed and highly
recommend it, however I didn't take the exam. I am also interested in learning
more about networking.

Red Hat Training (about 749 bucks to take the exam)
As Daniel Magnuszewski pointed out, you can find information at
http://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/courses/
---
Linux Professional Institute
http://lpi.org/en/home.html

The exams cost about 100 bucks ea.
http://lpi.org/en/faq2.html#2.1

re: # of exams
http://lpi.org/en/faq2.html#2.3
There are currently 2 exams for the first level, 2 exams for the second, and 2
planned for the third. Visit our program description for more information.
---
If you want to round out your Unix skills, learn a Unix-like OS that is more
Un*xy, i.e. Slackware, and/or one of the BSD variants... Keep in mind that there
are lots of license-types.
see http://distrowatch.com/

later,
Daniel