attn: Justin

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Thu Jul 15 17:39:44 EDT 2004

Red Hat's site seems to have a lot of info:

http://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/courses/

...seems like all the info he'll need to know in getting certified.

Also, I'm assuming that employers will not be specifically looking for
a RHCE, but probably someone who is a Unix/Linux Systems admin that
happens to have this certification (with perhaps some other certs as
well: Cisco, Sun, etc). The certification is definately a nice addition,
but not neccesarily a determining factor in finding and obtaining a job.
A lot of times (these days) it's hard to get anything without the 4 year
degree.

...just my 2 cents.

Daniel Magnuszewski
CCNA
M & T Bank
dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com

>>> peter at thecybersource.com 7/15/2004 4:47:43 PM >>>
Hey Justin,
  I know your a RHCE. My son is interested in what steps to take and
the
costs involved. Could you enlighten us? He is also interested in who
might be hiring a RHCE, just to get some ideas. He just started ITT and

is getting totally pissed at all the M$ crap they feed. I told him I
thought it would be like that and a waste of money and that they
wouldn't teach anything he's not learning at Cyber Source (except for
how to bow to M$). You wouldn't believe some of the nonsense they teach

there, I think there M$ funded.....
Anyway, if you or anyone else could give us some clues as to obtaining

an RHCE or any other Linux Certification, that would be great, Thanks.