IMAP - Quota ?

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue Jul 13 07:43:46 EDT 2004

imap quota's do not work that way but that's not to say that they
couldn't be setup that way. imap servers are usually setup so that once
you reach a certain percentage of utilization the user is sent warning
messages. once the quota is reached messages are blocked and kicked back
to the sender, like when you send a message to a non-existent account.
now with the cyrus imap server you can configure it to purge messages
based on age, size, etc, but this doesn't remove folders. i'm sure
netscape is not using cyrus imapd but their own imap server.

i'd say that something else happened to your account. i'd read
netsacpe's license or site policy about storage of message and contact
them. most webmail services do not guarantee message storage unless you
pay for it.

good luck.

--
Darin Perusich