Temple of Elemental Evil (off-topic)

Tom McKim mckimt at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 17:00:32 EDT 2004

I thought of that too..
I know John Wiped it clean several Times, but I don't
know if he tried one of those devices.
the data2.cab is 614 of 650 MB's so there is a scratch
of Some Sort that happens to reside on the 614 MB
portion.  The other files are fine.  Does anyone have
one of those devices so John/I can try it.  Heck we
could go to a Gaming Store and Try, but I don't think
those display models actually function.

--- Robert Dege <rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

> I know this is a shot in the dark, but have you
> tried cleaning the CD-Rom
> with one of those cd cleaning gadgets?
>

> -Rob
>
> > I know Tom and I can't be the only two in this
> whole grp who still have a
> > windows machine around to play games on :-)
> >
> > The CD I borrowed of the game above is scratched
> or something so I can't
> > install from the Install disk (an install was done
> form this CD once so it did
> > work).  Atari support is notoriously unforgiving.
> >
> > I tried copying file off on windows and on two
> different drives on Linux but I
> > get IO errors everytime.  I've tried CDRW's and
> regular CD readers.  I've tried
> > file mgt, cmd line tools and CD Burning software,
> all with the same effect, IO
> > error or bad CRC depending on method.
> >
> > Anyone have the Install CD from ToEE that I can
> copy/borrow or can you post the
> > data2.cab (615MB:-)  (Since I am not asking to
> copy the Play CD, then DCMA
> > doesn't apply right ???:-)
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > JJN

> > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile
> phone.
> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
> >

> Dege
>
> As seen on bash.org:
> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not
> saying there
> should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but
> why don't
> we just take the safety labels off of everything and
> let
> the problem solve itself?

=====
Tom McKim, MCSE