SpamAssassin Q & A

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 00:10:31 EST 2004

Three things have to happen to make spamassassin work:
1) there should be a file called 'local.cf' in /etc/mail/spamassassin.  This
file can be created with the config utility on spamassassin's site.
2) You need to build a procmail file '/etc/procmailrc' that does the right
thing for you.  Attached is an example.
3) you have to make sure that 'spamd' is running.  Without that, nothing works.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Bob