.rpg and Mandrake

Timothy Domst timothy.domst at verizon.net
Tue Jan 27 16:30:40 EST 2004

I have an older Nvidia card that had the proprietary 3d driver on their
website only, not the Mandrake install disks.  I got the .rpg files on
my desktop after I got them from the site, and just clicked on them and
they expanded and installed.  The computer didn't seem to have to look
to find the rest of the card's drivers in the filesystem.  Is this
because Linux has a rigid filesystem that can't be changed so
everything can be found by the system, and therefore no search was
needed?  Or are they just in my Usr folder somewhere?

I also have a question about shutting down.  I tried shutdown -h from
the terminal and it didn't work.  Am I getting the syntax wrong?