Unable to mount cdrom

Frank Kumro frank at digital-ignorance.com
Fri Jan 23 22:12:55 EST 2004

I am currently running slackware 9.1 (kernel 2.4.24) and I am unable to
mount my cdrom drive...at all! I thought it was the cdrom drive itself
so I installed a new one, didnt help. I was wondering if I forgot to
enable something in the kernel because I was able to mount cdroms with
the default kernel that came with slackware. Also I am able to burn cd's
with my second drive perfectly fine. I really dont know where to start
so any help would be great. Also how could I make it so I can access my
second cdrom drive with /dev/cdrom2 ? is it possible?

trying to mount a cd

bash-2.05b# mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: No medium found

my /etc/fstab
/dev/hda3        swap             swap        defaults         0   0
/dev/hda1        /                reiserfs    defaults         1   1
/dev/cdrom       /mnt/cdrom       iso9660     noauto,owner,ro  0   0
/dev/fd0         /mnt/floppy      auto        noauto,owner     0   0
devpts           /dev/pts         devpts      gid=5,mode=620   0   0
proc             /proc            proc        defaults         0   0

-Frank