needed newbie info

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Fri Jan 23 18:50:43 EST 2004

Cyber Source wrote, On 01/23/04 8:41 AM:

> You should be all set, sounds like your hardware is fine. I could
> write out a novel here explaining how and why to do certain things
> with your Linux install, best would be to bring it to a meeting, I
> could show you how to properly do the dual boot and tweak the Linux
> side with all the latest bells and whistles.

^
|____  WHAT HE SAID !!!  :)

By all means, if at all possible, bring it to a meeting.
Even though the install may seem to go flawlessly, and everything is
detected, the "detected" hardware may need some tweaking in order to work.

Been  There, Done That [with Mandrake], Got The T-shirt
I have sound and video on mobo, and linux seems to prefer actual devices.

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 on Win 98 SE