PC's Linux ready

Timothy J. Finucane speljamr at speljamr.com
Thu Jan 22 13:43:20 EST 2004

I've been buying white boxes with no OS from X-technologies. They have
many of their machines available on half.com. Reasonable pricing and
good service. I've bought 5 machines through them. I think I had only 1
power supply issue with one of the machines but X-technologies replaced
it for me right away with no hassles.

As soon as I got them I loaded them up with my copy of Suse linux and
they had no issues. Some of them even setup as dual boot machines with
m$ and linux just fine.

Even if you don't want to buy from X-technologies I say go with a good
white box from a vendor of your choice. Much cheaper and you can usually
pick and choose your hardware easier.

Tim Finucane
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Algonquin Studios