Routers, Switchers, and all that stuff

Brad Bartram bradbartram at ccsisp.com
Tue Jan 20 10:18:09 EST 2004

Just to chime in on this conversation.  If someone does decide to go the route
of a linux box I would highly recommend ipcop.  It's a single cd redhat based
distro with a really nice web interface and some great features like:

 - Integrated VPN
 - Integrated Snort Intrusion Detection
 - NAT
 - Web-based monitoring of many different parameters
 - Lan 2 Lan and Lan 2 Wan routing

It's also pretty light-weight at <30MB for the image, so although it would be
painful over dialup, it is possible.

Just figured I'd mention it for those who are interested.

http://www.ipcop.org

brad