RH End of Life

Brad Bartram bradbartram at ccsisp.com
Thu Jan 15 09:46:08 EST 2004

It would really depend on the applications you're running on Apache 2.  If you
need functions beyond the core of PHP, then yes, as a lot of third party
modules and some of the non-core functions of PHP are not certified as thread
safe.  (Apache 2 is a threaded web server, for those who did not know)

If you are running a server like tomcat and using Apache 2 as the server
serving both jsp and normal content, then Apache 2 is very production worthy.

Apache 2 is nice, but like most tools, you have to know when to use it and
when to use a better tool for the job.

brad