Sparcstation 5

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Sat Jan 10 13:50:14 EST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, David M Rosonowski wrote:

> Well, from the bit of research I've done, the one I
> have is actually a 170mhz model, which isn't too bad
> at all, if lacking in RAM. It's no AXP3200+, but I
> imagine It'll get the job done.

If that's the turbo 170 processor, linux doesn't like it at all.

Search this page for the word "turbo"

http://www.ultralinux.org/faq.html

While they say it needs a newer kernel, it's just not a happy linux box.

If you need sparc linux help, the debian-sparc list the place to get it.

My primary desktop is a U5 running Debian and I have a stack of Ultra and
Classics here at the house, so holler if you need any help.

--
Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst