Wireless PCI Card compatability

mpo mpo1 at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 9 17:35:34 EST 2004

The orinoco cards are well supported for linux though I don't know about
Redhat in particular. Linuxquestions.org has a lot of useful info, just
do a search for wireless. I bought the Dell TrueMobile cards when I
bought my notebook a couple of years ago.

Being a linux novice I found it difficult to get everything recognized
and set-up. I finally had my wireless working between my desktop and
notebook under Mandrake 8.2 but I recently built a new pc and transfered
the wireless card to it.  I've loaded Win98,Winxp and Mandrake 9.2 in a
multi-boot and thought the wireless set-up would go easier because of my
past experience. Not so. My particular problems seem to be getting the
card recognized at boot. I keep getting " cannot locate module
memory_cs" in my start-up string.( which I think is causing my
headaches)  The module is part of the pcmcia_cs package which I have
installed but the problem persists. I've done google searches on this
but I havn't made much headway. Anyway, I've tried so many things and
edited so many files I'm afraid I'm going to have to do a re-install
just to get things straightened out and start again fresh. Not too big a
deal since I don't have any vital data on 9.2 yet.

One thing I can say is that when I had it running under 8.2 it ran
rather flawlessly. I never had a problem with it once I got past the
set-up. I'd be interested in how you make out with this.

Mike