Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router

Brett Hamann brett at consumersbeverages.com
Thu Jan 8 15:07:37 EST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Riga, Anthony
  To: Nflug (E-mail)
  Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 2:17 PM
  Subject: Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router

  I am thinking about buying a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router on sale for 70.00 to use with my Redhat boxes at home. I want to get rid of all the cabling running everwhere in the house. My girlfriend keeps nagging me about it. . The router has built in switch and works with  both standards existing 802.11b infrastructure, and  Wireless-G standard.  Has anyone used this before with Linux?  Any suggestions on wireless cards that are Redhat compatable? Thanks

  You can alway get a wireless bridge for the linux box. That way you keep you current ethernet card and run a patch to the bridge.

  Brett