Xp/Samba

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Fri Feb 27 14:10:42 EST 2004

We have an XP laptop connecting to a samba server (just mentioned to
pretend this is a linux question) whenever the laptop connects to the
samba server it always wants to use a certain username, no matter if I
disconnect all drives, reboot and try to map a drive as a diffrent
username. It always wants to use this one username (which isn't that of
the laptops owner). It's a laptop so it doesn't log into a domain or
anything. No matter what I try I can't get it to connect to the server
as anything other than this certain username, which happens to be our
help desk guy, I've tried searching the registry and can't find any
occurances of this username. Any idea where this may be cached? I tried
to map the drive from the command line with net use and specifying the
username, it gives me a wrong password then. It appears that it is still
trying to map as this one userid.

Justin

--
Justin Bennett