Building a nix server

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Feb 2 08:12:45 EST 2004

quick overview response;
1. What is your internet connection?
2. I would recommend a seperate box for the firewall itself, then
install some flavor of Linux with Shorewall for the firewall. Doesn't
have to be much, I have one here that is a 166mhz w/32mb ram.
3. I'm not big on the wireless when it comes to a security issue.
4. I would make your main box a dhcp, email, squid behind the firewall
running with RH9 (why 7.2?)
5. Does anyone host the domain now? Would you/Could you host it there,
see question one, if so, add email and apache to the list of question four.
6. Google online is the best information source (up 2 date) I have found
for Linux, and here on the list.