USB Drive

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 00:26:00 EST 2004

Well, with Mandrake 10.1 Official, you just plug the dang thing in and it shows
up on your desktop.  The kernel autodetects it and it gets mounted.  KDE (and
probably Gnome) creates an icon on the desktop for you.  When you unplug the
drive, it just goes away.  I have no idea what happens if you unplug the drive
when something is using the directory (like a shell CDed to the thing).

As a point of reference, Win XP Pro seems to do the same thing as Mandrake
10.1.

That's the name of that tune.

Cheers!

Bob