[inbox] OT: Chat Networks Used

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Wed Dec 29 18:00:05 EST 2004

On 12/23/04 9:13 PM, jb wrote:

> I use GAIM but I don't usually have it on. If you install Netscape
> with AIM and get a screen name, it works for GAIM too and the buddy
> list loads up without adding them manually. If you already have a AIM
> screen name like I did, you can use it as your Netscape screen name.
> I'm using RH9 and was having a little trouble with GAIM so I had to
> downgrade it. I upgraded my kernel and I upgraded GAIM and it appears
> to work right but I haven't tested it to be sure. It sure comes in
> very handy when you need to chat semi-real time. It is worth the
> effort to install it even if you don't use it all the time like me. I
> know that isn't much info about it but you more or less have to try it
> out to see if it is something that you like. My screen name is
> TickerTape2000
> john

My AIM screen name is twoblackdogs1658  for Netscape.
AIM used to start automatically on every boot after I installed
Netscape7.0 in Windows. It took me a while to figure out how to disable it .
A girl at work was telling me how great AIM is, so I still fire it up
occasionally when I run Netscape for browsing, but nothing happens.

I found ChatZilla quite helpful for answers to Mozilla/FireBird questions.
There used to be a bot holding irc://efnet/nflug but not any more. I
still have CZ set to log on to that channel automatically, though.
I've met some guys from the list on there, also a channel called
buffalo, but I forget what network it was on.

--
hardware: n, the part of a computer that can be kicked.

software: n, the part of a computer that causes hardware to be kicked.

Scott
Mozilla 1.0 mail

--
This outgoing message is certified Virus Free.