OT: Apache Version Used

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Tue Dec 21 20:18:00 EST 2004

I can't speak for other Distro's other than RH, Fedora and Slackware...
but I prefer Apache 1.  There are a few nicer additions to Apache 2, but
not enough to make me switch just yet.  While it is true the PHP project
considers Apache 2 "not yet stable" when it comes to PHP compatibility and
whatnot, RH/Fedora have been using both with few problems, and I have also
compiled both manually with no problems.

Unbiased, I'd say either work and it's a personal preference.  My biased
opinion, I'd go with Apache 1.

-- Tony