Volume control issue

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Wed Dec 15 16:42:21 EST 2004

Jesse Jarzynka wrote, On 12/15/04 12:37 PM:

>On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 10:48, Ron Rose wrote:
>

>>Matt Brown wrote:
>>************************************************************
>>Hello,
>>
>>Confused.  I signed on to receive the NFLUG newsletter, and then began
>>to receive copies of emails sent between other people, presumably NFLUG
>>members.  Is this the newsletter?  Do you have a meeting, where and
>>when?  I'm new to Linux and would like to attend.  Please unconfuse me.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Ron
>>rcr at sysr.com
>Where is not knows for now.

Ron- What you get is a collection of messages sent by other members of
NFLUG, handled by a "majordomo".
You will even receive copies of your own messages.
What I did is create a folder called NFLUG IN, a mail filter to sort on
TO: contains nflug at nflug.org, then view by thread.
Once you do that, you can read like a usenet news group, and things will
make more sense. :-)

As far as order of messages received, that is subject to the whims of
the universe, some times replies arrive before questions, due to a
variety of reasons.
We had an extended thread on that, with explanations earlier this month.

If you're brand new to linux, also hit these :

http://www.linuxlinks.com <http://www.linuxlinks.com/>

http://www.linuxquestions.org

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 Mail