cd/dvd & mouse

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 16:47:20 EST 2004

I read fstab-sync man page again and it said I could disable it by
linking to /bin/false which I tried and it said the file already exists
so I added -f and ran the command to be sure. After farting around with
the fstab file and running updatedb the cdrom seems to be working for a
regular user. It is very tempermantal though. If I log in with a CD
already in I get an error but if I throw a CD in it seems to work fine.
The CD writer works fine as root and also with winblows. I think I'm
going to reinstall FC3 at this point. Also the startup screen acts a
little funny, there is an option to view details at startup but it goes
back and forth between the old terminal view and the newer visual
progress bar. I'm beginning to think this install is fubar and maybe
later I'll try setting it up again.  Something isn't quite right, (
probably in my head though ), hehehe.
jb