missing mail

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue Dec 7 08:17:37 EST 2004

the delivery method you are refering to is the 'digest' method, which is
currently not implemented and in majordomo abit unreliable in my
experience.

i'll be upgrading the nflug email server by the end of the year, fingers
crossed and i'll be moving the list software from majordomo to mailman.
this will give us a nice web frontend, digest functionality that works,
and all the other mailman nicities.

since bob gave a great explenation about mail delivery and mailing list
i'll not get into that. majordomo i relatively quick at processing
messages sent to the list. the only thing that slows it down are
unavialable and slow mail servers on the recieving end, there is
currently 1 list member whos isp's smtp server has been down since about
3am. these messages will sit in the queue and a attempt to resend will
take place every 30 minutes for 4 days then removed.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
darinper at cognigencorp.com