[inbox] Re: meeting this month

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Fri Dec 3 17:05:53 EST 2004

Greg Neumann wrote, On 12/03/04 3:23 PM:

> I wouldn't' mind some help figuring out why grub hates me so much.
> I tried doing an install of SuSE 9.1 on my #3 scsi hd, and it freaked
> on the reboot ... "hard disk error". I gave up trying to find answers
> that made sense, so just re-installed lilo.
> ... but no SuSE. :-(
> -Greg Neumann

GRUB is another topic I'd love to hear about.
I use LILO currently, because it was default, but want to try GRUB on my
intelligent in its behavior" .
Do newer distros still use LILO ?
In the limited reading I've done on GRUB, I don't think I saw any clear
advantages that LILO has over GRUB, but many [either real or perceived]
that GRUB has over LILO.
I hope this doesn't start a flame war.
Are people as rabid about their boot loader as they are about their
window manager ?

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 Mail