Linuxlinks.com Daily News

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Wed Dec 1 18:34:07 EST 2004

Kevin E. Glosser wrote, On 11/29/04 9:10 PM:

>In the past I have mentioned a site called "Linuxlinks.com". This site
>is a Linux portal. It is a place where you can find links to anything
>Linux-related.
>
>However, in addition to links, Linuxlinks.com also has Daily News. A few
>months ago I joined the team and became one of the news editors.
>
>If you have never checked out the site before, I invite you to. A few
>things you should know...
>
>1) The site is run with one and only one idea..."To promote Linux and
>the Open Source movement". The site is not run to make money. You will
>notice the lack of advertisements as evidence of this. This will ALWAYS
>be the way it is.
>
>2) We created the News section due to our frustration at what was
>available. Recently, sites we used to visit for news have become
>unreadable. Poor content and an overwhelming effort in commercialization
>have ruined our favorite news sites. So, we created our own.
>
>3) You do not have to register, that choice is up to you. No strings
>attached. Registration is basically just for customizing the way the
>site looks to you. We request and keep NO info on users. Currently, we
>have 9180 registered users.
>
>Right now we have links to 1622 articles grouped into 6
>categories...General News, Reviews, Press Releases, Software, Security,
>and Tutorials.
>
>I just posted Monday's articles, the headlines are...
>
>GHS swallows bitter Linux pill
>Review: GeeXbox - Linux Media Center
>Gnome 2.8 - what's new and cool
>New Patch for Unreal Tournament 2004
>Security suite guard Linux clients
>SCO Site Attacked Again
>DOOM 3 Linux build 1.1.1286 released
>Major I.T. Crash Hits UK Government Department
>Red Hat Preps Enterprise Linux 4
>Microsoft WINS Said To Be Vulnerable
>
>To visit, go to www.linuxlinks.com and click on NEWS.
>
>Lastly, we also have fantastic user forums. If you are having trouble
>getting a quick answer to your question on this list, try them out!
>Click on FORUMS.
>
>Kevin E. Glosser
>News Editor - LinuxLinks.com

<HUMOR>
The following is an unpaid endorsement for LinuxLinks.com.
</HUMOR>

I, too,  have noticed that there is less that I consider "newsworthy" in
the news sites, so BRAVO!
Registration is completely painless and consists of [ I think ] a cookie
that allows you to keep your favorites within the site current.
I accidentally deleted it once. ;-) The site is deep, and you can easily
spend many useful hours there.

I cannot recommend strongly enough to any "newbies" in the list what a
wonderful resource the forums truly are.
I have been dabbling in Linux for a few years now, but still consder
myself a newbie, because I am nowhere near as facile with it as I am
with the Windows 9x's. Taking a virtual tour of XP before it was
released was what made me investigate Linux in the first place.
As an avid user forum searcher, these really are great.

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 Mail