Linux not reporting 1gb of ram

Frank Kumro fkumro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 13:00:32 EDT 2004

The machine is a custom built one. The specs are below
- AMD XP 3200
- 1gb PC3200 ram
- ASUS A7N8X-E Delux Motherboard (NForce 2 chipset)
- other misc computer stuff

This is what I placed in my lilo.conf and still /proc/meminfo doesnt
show the correct information.

image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1
  initrd = /boot/initrd.gz
  root = /dev/hda6
  label = Linux(2.6.8)New
  append = "mem=1024M"
  read-only

MemTotal:       904568 kB
MemFree:        505068 kB
Buffers:         50976 kB
Cached:         266040 kB
SwapCached:          0 kB
Active:         258864 kB
Inactive:       108980 kB
HighTotal:           0 kB
HighFree:            0 kB
LowTotal:       904568 kB
LowFree:        505068 kB
SwapTotal:     1044184 kB
SwapFree:      1044184 kB
Dirty:           40560 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
Mapped:          75108 kB
Slab:            20224 kB
Committed_AS:    64732 kB
PageTables:        696 kB
VmallocTotal:   122804 kB
VmallocUsed:     23868 kB
VmallocChunk:    94404 kB

GKrellm also reports 883 mb of ram total. Maybe there are some inaccuracies?

--
Frank
Shenanigans!!